Procedure to Root Xperia Mini Pro on ICS
Rooting procedure makes your Android phone free. Perhaps this is the main reason why people who do not like compromises, prefer rooting their Android Smart Phones. Lot many ways get opened when the device is rooted. Right from removing useless apps to porting the features of other Android is possible when the device is rooted. But it is also important to note that some risks are always packed along with the bunch of benefits.
If you want to free your Android then this much risk you have to take. The risk includes losing the warranty and/or loss of data or some amount of device damage. However, these days’ the developers already put in lots of efforts in testing the results and thus chances of device damage are rare. But still one should be careful and cautious.
In this article we shall discuss procedure to root Xperia Mini Pro on ICS fw 4.1.B.0.431.If you own a device with the mentioned Android update then this article will surely be quite helpful to you. Kindly go through the disclaimer first.
Disclaimer: Rooting Xperia Mini Pro SK17i on ICS can be a bit risky. You should move ahead at your own risk. We shall not be responsible for any damage caused to your handset.
Kindly note that this tutorial will be helpful for only those who have SK17i device with ICS 4.0.4 FW 4.1.B.0.431.
Also, we expect that you already have ADB drivers installed.
Procedure to Root Xperia Mini Pro on ICS (as per developer Patembe)
- The very first step you must follow is for enabling USB debugging. This can be done this way: On your device: Go to Menu>Settings>Developer options>Development.
- Now, you are required to enable unknown sources and it can be done this way: Menu>Settings>Security.
- Choose Mass Storage also.
- Now, you need to flash the kernel from 4.0.3 firmware. Since Mini Pro does not get 4.0.3 update, Neo V kernel can be used.
- Download Neo V FTF File from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1598540
- Use the flashtool and just flash the kernel. (For flashtool you can use this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=986692)
- After flashing of kernel is over you must close the flashtool.
- You may see problems in booting of kernel like blank screen or so. This is normal. Do not worry.
- Turn on the phone and connect the phone to PC.
- Read this link carefully and root the phone: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1601038 (it is Doomlord method)
- Flash back the stock 4.0.4, you can download the FTF file here (SK17i).
- This will root your phone on ICS and you will be able to see SU app.
We are quite thankful to Junior Member Patembe at XDA who has made the Sony tutorial quite simple. The step by step procedure as given should be followed carefully to get successful rooting solution. Once your device is rooted you have many options open.