Galaxy S3 i9300 gets CM9
There’s good news for Galaxy S3 owners and that is, Galaxy S3 gets CM9. Yes, Cyanogenmod 9 custom ROM is now also available for this phone now. It is around 3 weeks that Galaxy S3 has launched and now it has started receiving such amazing developments as well. This is something really thrilling for those who would love experimenting with such useful ROMs. XDA developerXpLoDWilD, team member of TeamHacksung shared the CM9 for Galaxy S3 with us and we are really happy to share the same with you.
We have analyzed certain things about CM9 ROM for Galaxy S3 and we have come down to the conclusion that CM9 for Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 is really potent. The only bugs that were relevant were:
FM radio not supported
Camera lacks LED support
Some wi-fi issues
But we are sure that these issues are being worked upon and soon we should receive improvisation on this. If you want to install CM9 ROM on i9300 then here is the detailed and step by step procedure available for you. But before that, kindly go through the disclaimer and note.
Disclaimer: It is important to note that there are always a few risk factors that one has to face while installing custom ROMs on Android phones. Installing CM9 on Galaxy S3 also has a few risks. We therefore indicate that you should follow the procedure at your own risk. Androidust shall not be responsible for anything that may happen with your device.
Notes: We expect you to have enough technical knowledge while flashing CM9 on Galaxy S3.
Also, this procedure is compatible only for Galaxy S3 international i9300 and not on S3 at Sprint, Verizon or any other carrier.
We expect that you have already followed the CF root procedure so that you have a rooted S3 device along with CWM also.
Procedure to Install CM9 on Galaxy S3
- Since you already have followed CF root, we should move one step ahead and that is, download CM9 from XDA official page: Link.
- Download the Google Apps package from here: Link
- Now, you must connect your Galaxy S3 to your computer and transfer the two zip files to your device’s internal SD card (this is displayed on your PC when you install the connection).
- Remove the connection between Galaxy S3 and your computer.
- Turn off the phone. You must completely turn it off. (For this you will have to see that it vibrates and also there are two lights seen like Menu and Back keys).
- You must now get into CWM and you can do this by pressing these buttons together: Volume Up + Home + Power.
- Factory reset
- Wipe cache partition
- Wipe Dalvik cache
- Flash CM9 that you downloaded in the first step on S3. This can be done by first forming main menu in Recovery. Once you are done with that you need to select: install zip from SD card. Now, select: Choose zip from internal SD card. Move to the location where you had transferred the two zip files. Now, select CM9 ROM file and select: Yes-install……….zip on next screen so that it starts flashing.
- Now, you need to flash the Google Apps too in the same way. Once Google apps is flashed you must go back to Recovery menu.
- Select Reboot system now.
- Your S3 will boot up into CM9. Now, your Samsung Galaxy S3 can be sans bloatware and TouchWizUX UI based on Android 4.0.4.