How to Install Google Now on Funbook P300 from Micromax
Micromax Funbook P300 is a 7 inch tablet that runs on Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich. This is one of the most affordable tablets as available in today’s times. This fun and educational tablet is priced at around Rs 6500-7000 in India. Other features of Micromax Funbook tablet include 1.22 GHz processor, 0.3 MP VGA front camera, 4 GB internal memory, expandable up to 32GB and many other useful specs. Micromax Funbook tablet has become so much popular among techno geeks and developers that there are many developers dedicated for custom ROM development in this field.
Google Now is really one of the most talked about Jelly Bean Android 4.1 features of today. It is a service that allows the Android phones to get the instant information that may be required. You can compare it to Siri to some extent as it provides the info with precognition.
Google Now was meant to be only for Jelly Bean Android platform. And Jelly Bean is far for a few phones. But do not worry. This is not the case any more. Thanks to the Android developers team that the phones that do not run jelly Bean shall also enjoy the benefit of Google Now. We would like to give the credit of this development to Developer febycv of the XDA-Developers community. He came up with the development wherein any device that can run the ICS AOSP ROM can run Google Now. Now, this is really amazing news. Thus if your Micromax Funbook is running on ICS AOSP ROM then you can install Google Now on Micromax Funbook P300.
Disclaimer: The trick to install Google Now on Micromax Funbook with ICS is a bit new and thus you need to be very much confident and technically clear while trying it. You should take it up at your risk. We should not be held responsible for anything that happens with your phone. It is vital to note that we have just compiled this method from XDA (official link provided at the end of the post).
How to Install Google Now on Micromax Funbook P300 with ICS
- The very first thing you need to do is root Micromax Funbook on ICS AOSP ROM.
- As per the developer’s suggestions and recommendations, it would be better to use Root Explorer and Text Editor (however, alternatively you can also access files through SSH).
- If you are using Root Explorer then Navigate to /System. (Even in SSH client of your choice you can do it the same way).
- Now open file build.prop in Text Editor.
- Edit the string for “ro.build.version.sdk” to “ro.build.version.sdk = 16” then save.
- Navigate to /system/app and rename the file “GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk” to “GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk1”
- That’s it. Now you must only reboot your device and install Google Now. You will find the download here.
So, even Micromax Funbook P300can run Google Now and there’s no need for Jelly Bean for that. If at all you try installing Google Now on Funbook with ICS AOSP ROM, kindly provide your feedback here. Also, let us know how you found this new feature.