Install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Y
Having Samsung Galaxy Y is really a treat. This is because this Android phone has so many great features. It is a piece that is apt for youngsters as well as old. If you are an ardent Android lover then you should use Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 once in life.
Are you looking for updating your Galaxy y with Jelly Bean ROM? If yes, then just read on the procedure given below. You will get thrilled to learn that Jelly Bean will really make your phone amazingly superb. But since this is an unofficial ROM there are some risks involved. For that you need to go through the disclaimer:
Disclaimer: Rooting Android or installing custom ROM on that can have some risks. These risks include risk of data loss, loss of warranty and phone bricking. But if you are a techno geek and feel that you want the latest ROM on your Galaxy Y then you can take plunge to install Jelly Bean Android 4.1 on Samsung Galaxy Y S5360.
Here’s the procedure to guide you:
How to Flash Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Y
- First thing you must check is that whether your phone is perfectly charged or not. This is because if the procedure gets hampered in between lot of your time will get wasted.
- Secondly, it is important to take complete back up of your phone. This is very much important.
- We hope that you already have Galaxy Y USB Drivers installed on your computer.
- On your phone enable USB Debugging.
- See to it that Samsung Galaxy Y is factory unlocked.
- Root Galaxy Y if it is not rooted.
- Now Download Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM for Galaxy Y.
- Now you must connect USB cable to Galaxy Y as well as PC.
- The file that you have downloaded should be copied to SD card.
10. Switch off the phone and move to recovery mode (Volume Down + Power).
11. When you see exclamation mark on the phone screen you must again hold the Volume Down and Power button.
12. Your phone is now on clockworkmod recovery.
13. Search for the file you had saved on SD card in any location.
14. Select the zip file from SD card.
15. Choose Zip from SD card.
16. Move to the custom ROM file and select it. You will see that installation process will start.
17. Once installation is over go back to +++++Go Back and reboot your handset.
18. This is how you can get Jelly Bean on Galaxy Y. Booting for the first time will take sometime and thus you should have some patience. You will really love the new experience on Jelly Bean.
We hope you will love Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy Y. Your phone shall now get updated and you will get an altogether new feel.