Update Sony Xperia P with ICS 4.0
There’s good news for Xperia P users. Sony has come up with Android 4.0 ICS update for Xperia P. The roll out has just begun and thus the access as well as availability shall depend on which is the carrier you use and which is the place you are located in. But what you can do is, install ICS on Xperia P via PC or Mac. There’s more resourceful news and that is, even Xperia Sola, Go and U users can expect an ICS update soon.
Now, you will ask what is the benefit of updating Xperia P with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich? Well the answer is simple. With this you can expect enhancement in features and functions of Xperia P. You will come across an improved lock screen, better mobile data consumption control, addition of Walkman app, extended stand by mode and much more. Initially when you might have bought Xperia P it had Android 2.3 Gingerbread. This is the OS it had come with. Now, with Android 4.0 on Xperia P you will surely face better levels of experience.
Are you impressed with what we said this update will do? If yes, then we are sure you would wish to know the procedure to install ICS on Xperia P. Here are the steps but before that please read the info given below. We recommend you to go through the disclaimer as given below before you start updating Xperia P with ICS.
Disclaimer: The method for updating Xperia P with ICS has been generated after doing proper research. However, the user should update the phone at own risk. Androidust.com shall not be responsible for anything that may happen with the phone.
- The very first step you must go for is open Sony Mobile.com and after that Xperia P tab.
- Depending on the browser you use you must check out what updates are available.
- Now if you have a PC or Mac, connect your phone to that device. With this there would be phone identification and the search for new software would begin.
- Once the software is traced and located you will get more information on that particular new update or new software.
- Now, click on Update and with this the process will get started. But just see to it that the connection between the phone and PC or Mac still remains.
- When the update process gets finished you must disconnect Xperia P from Mac or PC.
- You may experience localized updating and this may take a few minutes.
- Now the device will get rebooted.
- That’s it. You can now use Xperia P with the update.
Do let us know your views on this.