In the previous article we saw what rooting an Android phone means. Now here we shall see what are advantages of rooting the android phone. So, let us not waste the time and come directly to the point.
Rooting the android phone brings in lots of advantages and benefits. Some of them are mentioned hereunder:
- After you root an android phone you will gain access to the internal file system and thus making potent changes in them or accessing them will be very much possible.
- Yes, for all those who love speeding up the operating system, rooting Android brings in benefit by way of performance and speed enhancement.
- Sometimes, you may feel quite irritated with the unwanted default apps which the manufacturers or Google packs in without an uninstall button. But since it is something that the administrator has provided you, nothing can be done. But rooting helps you in removing the unwanted default apps and that too with a very simple method.
- Since rooting makes the Android free, you can now update the phone with upgrades and custom ROMs. You don’t need the permission of the manufacturer for this.
- New kernel installation can also be taken up and this would surely thrill you up.
- You can enhance the visual experience of the phone after rooting.
- Reports say it helps in reducing the battery usage of Android phones.
- There are many such apps that work on rooted phones only. Yes, after rooting the device, you can seek access to such apps.
Here’s the list of apps that would work only on rooted phones:
- Super User App: Super User App or SU gets installed on an automatic basis as soon as the phone is rooted. In fact, when you wish to check out that the rooting procedure was successful or not, the same can be checked by checking the SU. This is the main app that helps in managing the permission to other apps.
- Titanium Backup: This app helps in taking a back up of the applications as well as the data of the same.
- Root Explorer: With root explorer app, you can make changes in the internal files of the operating system.
- App Manager: This is also an important utility for back up of applications and the data therein. It has some amazing features that will surely come up to your resort.
- ROM Manager: You will have to double-check this, that post rooting whether your android phone is supporting this app or not. This is because some phones do not support it. But in the cases where it does, this installation helps in management of the custom ROMs.
- SETCPU: This app should accompany some important kernels without which this app does not work. It helps in overclocking the phone.
- Barnacle Wi-Fi tether: This app helps in sharing the internet connection.
- Many more !
Of course, the benefits and apps as mentioned above provide an inspiration and encouragement in your act to rooting the android phone. But still, our word is, Play Safe and Keep in mind a few things when you are rooting the Android phone. (that will come up in the next article).