Samsung Galaxy Pop is an affordable android phone and there is an official Android 2.3.6 update on your device. Are you still not updated and still using Froyo? If yes, then it’s time to change to Gingerbread now with our upgrade guide. And if you have already updated it and want to root Samsung Galaxy Pon on Gingerbread 2.3.6 then you can find the same on the latter section of this article.
Disclaimer: This information has been produced with complete care for increasing the simplicity of the procedure. But in case if some issues occur after the phone update or rooting then the site should not be held responsible for this. If at all you face any issues, you can contact us and we will help you sort out the same. It is also vital to keep in mind that when rooting is done the device warranty gets void.
Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Pop S5570 to Gingerbread 2.3.6
Please, download the files from below:
The above mentioned files are needed to upgrade your Galaxy pop to Android v2.3.6. Now that you have got the files extract it with the password above to get the file named S5570DDKQ7_S5570ODDKQ6_S5570DDKQ7_HOME.tar.md5 (this is the file that we will be using in the process). After you have got required files put them at a place (folder) and then follow the steps given below:
- Charge your phone and computer properly so in between there are no hurdles.
- Run S5570_Odin Multi Downloader v4.38 application on your PC.
- Click OPS button and select Tass_v1.ops file downloaded earlier.
- Select/Tick One Package Option (Don’t Check/Uncheck others, leave them as they are.)
- Click One Package button and select the S5570DDKQ7_S5570ODDKQ6_S5570DDKQ7_HOME.tar.md5 file you extracted earlier from your download.
- Reboot your device to recovery mode (Press Home + Power buttons) and then select Wipe data/factory reset and Wipe cache option.
- Switch off your phone and boot it in Download Mode (Press Home + Volume Down + Power Button at the same time).
- Connect your galaxy pop to your pc via USB when you see yellow triangle.
- If Odin detects your phone it will show COM Port # (Port Number) written in yellow background on the window.
- You must follow all the given instructions properly and then press Start Button to move ahead.
- When Odin says PASS close the application and disconnect your phone.
Things to keep in mind:
- If you get error Can’t Open USB Serial Port, then make sure Samsung Kies is closed. It may even happen that USB drivers are not installed. Install the same if they are not installed.
- Once you press Start in Odin don’t disconnect your device until it says PASS.
Now that you have upgraded your Samsung Galaxy Pop with the latest firmware Gingerbread 2.3.6, lets see how we can root it.
Rooting Samsung Galaxy Pop on Official Gingerbread 2.3.6
- Download official Gingerbread 2.3.6 first.
- Connect the SD Card to your computer and then copy the file you downloaded to the root directory of your sd-card.
- Unmount your SD Card from your computer and reboot your galaxy pop smart phone in to recovery mod (Press Home + Power Button).
- Select ‘Apply update form sdcard’ and select the file (named gingebread-2.3.6-root.zip) you copied earlier to your sdcard (Use Volume keys to navigate and Home key to confirm selection).
- After the zip is successfully flashed; Reboot your device.Do let us know your feedbacks and experience on upgrading or rooting.
Do let us know your experience of upgrading or rooting your Samsung Galaxy Pop !