Since rooting Sony Ericsson Live Walkman WT19i after 4.0.2.A.0.62 firmware update is reported to create issues with the normal rooting method which we discussed earlier last week. We did a little research to root the phone with the updated Android version 22.214.171.124.62. And we found that at present there is only one working method to root WT19i on 4.0.2.A.0.62 . We scanned through many XDA pages and found this method to do so with latest version. So if you are desperate to have root access on your phone then your are left with two options:
1) Install the new feature rich custom ROM for WT19i based on 4.0.2.A.0.62 firmware which we discussed on our last post. OR
Both of the above are good alternatives and if you chose the second option then here is how you do it.
Extras: Read here how you can Over clock your WT19i Live with Walkman.
Rooting tool & packages:
Download all the packages given below
Now, after you download all the above links, we move forward to the rooting procedure.
Disclaimer: Rooting WT19i 4.0.2.A.62 will help you free the android phone. But this has some risks and you must move ahead, keeping in mind such risks (like bricking the phone and loss of data). We recommend that only if you are ready to get exposed to such risks, root your phone. Kindly do it at your own risk. The information as produced in this site is produced with care, keeping in mind the requirements of the users. But it is important to note that rooting the phone makes the warranty of the phone void.
- First thing that you need to do is unzip the firmware that you have downloaded and put in Flashtool firmware.
- Now, you can go to Flashtool. Power off your device and after that is done you need to press 3 keys simultaneously: volume down, home and power button. When you do this, the green LED should glow up. Flash the firmware with flashing tool.
- Now start the phone and follow setups as you would do with a new phone.
- Now, use the Doomlord kit for rooting the device. Rooting may make the phone’s warranty void and this is something you should keep in mind. Before rooting check out the USB debugging and make sure it is checked. You can do this by Settings->Application->Development->check USB debugging. The screen timeout should be set at around 30 minutes.
Now run runme.bat. Your WT19i Live with Walkman is rooted now and super User app should be installed.
- Its time to update the firmware again. For this go to Setting >> About >> Software update. Now download the same and also install it. Remember to update only through OTA (Over the Air) method for permanent root. Updating using PC companion will give temporary root and you will lose the root once restarted. So avoid using PC companion.
- After you are done with updating you must unzip CWM install and run the second file script : wt19i.install-cmw2.cmd.Check USB debugging and also set the screen time out as 10 minutes.
This will give you newer version root firmware along with Clockworkmod and in the matter of time you are also not required to unlock bootloader.
Congrats! This will help you root Wt19i for .62 and above firmware. For any clarifications or doubts, you can comment below and we will be help you sort out the same.