Omega Custom ROM for Rooted and CWM installed Galaxy Note 2
Omega custom ROM has been quite popular. It is a custom ROM that had showed up on Galaxy S2 and S3 Android phones. Now, when we have Galaxy Note 2 N7100, Omega Team has an amazing custom ROM for this particular phone. This is not an official update from Samsung. It is merely a custom ROM that can be installed on rooted and CWM installed Galaxy Note 2.
We are sure you would first want to know the features of Omega ROM for Galaxy Note 2 N7100. Here are the features:
- This ROM is based on XXALIE Android 4.1.1
- init.d support without the need of a kernel that supports init.d
- Wipe cache partition automatic before ROMs installed
- Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Wipe preload partition automatic before ROMs installed
- Kernel Insecure XXALIE
- CSC: XAALIE set to BTU
Are you impressed with the features of Omega custom ROM for Galaxy Note 2? If yes, then you would want to install the same on your Note 2. Here is the procedure to install Omega ROM on Galaxy Note2. But before that kindly go through the disclaimer:
Disclaimer: Installing custom ROMs on Android phones and tablets can be a bit risky and you might lose important data. Also, you can lose warranty. Thus, if at all you wish to move ahead with this, do so at your risk.
How to update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with Omega ROM
- Take complete back up of your phone (do not create back up with KIES). This will help you in case of data loss.
- Charge you phone fully.
- Download Omega custom ROM from here: Omega Custom ROM Firmware Package.
- Take USB cable and connect Galaxy Note 2 with your PC and place the zip file on the device. Now disconnect the connection and turn off the phone. Enter into the Recovery Mode on Galaxy Note 2.
- Now for turning Galaxy Note 2 ON in Recovery Mode you need to hold the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button) along with the Power button.
- Factory Reset.
- Wipe cache partition
- Dalvik cache
- Now you must select “install zip from sd card” and then “choose zip from sd card” and after that choose the Omega Custom ROM Firmware Package that you have on your Galaxy note 2.
- It will take some 5 minutes and then you will see that the phone is getting updated. It will take some more time for rebooting the device.
- You are done. Enjoy the new ROM.
We hope you liked this tutorial of updating Galaxy Note 2 to OmegaROM.If you have any doubts kindly let us know so that we can solve them immediately.