Unlock Boot Loader of Xperia Play, ARC, ARC S, NEO, NEO V, Pro, Mini, Mini pro, Ray, Active and Live with Walkman
It was a pleasant surprise to hear that Sony Ericsson is officially allowing us to unlock the bootloader and making it very easy to install any custom ROM we want, at the cost of warranty. If you are planning to unlock the boot loader then first you should know that it works only on some releases of the Sony Ericsson Android phones and these include Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, Xperia ARC, Xperia ARC S, NEO, NEO V, Pro, Mini, Mini pro, Ray, Active and Live with Walkman. Even though some of the mentioned releases may be unlocked, it may be quite possible that some models may not be unlocked. But if you unlock the boot loader, remember that the warranty on your phone is void the moment you register it for unlocking with your IMEI code.
This information has been produced with complete for increasing the simplicity of the procedure. But in case if some issues occur after the bootloader is unlocked, the site should not be held responsible for this. If at all you face any issues, you can contact us and we will help you sort out the same. It is also vital to keep in mind that when unlocking boot loader is done, the device warranty gets void. And this means that the warranty is not to be considered then. There are chances that with this the phone may get bricked or there may be some damage permanently.
Point to Remember
Unlocking boot loader is the procedure wherein post procedural complications may occur. This means that the content, contacts or settings in the phone may become inaccessible. It is therefore vital that when boot loader unlocking is done, before that data back up should be considered seriously. Again, you can go ahead with the procedure only when you have better technological and technical knowledge and you are ready to face the risk that is involved. It is also important to note that with unlocking the boot loader there won’t be any root access. Only when Custom ROM is flashed, you can expect the root access.
How to Unlock Boot Loader
- First check out whether your phone can undergo unlocking the boot loader or not. For that you should check the service menu. Open the dialer and *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.
- In your phone, go to Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step
- If the Bootloader status is Yes then turn on the computer and click on the link http://unlockbootloader.sonyericsson.com/instructions. In this link you will find Continue on the bottom of the page. Click on Continue.
- You will get a pop up window and it will ask whether you really want to unlock the boot loader. If you are sure then click Yes, I’m sure.
- Read all the details and accept the legal terms. Click I Accept.
- Fill in the details such as your name, e-mail address, the first 14 digits of your phone’s IMEI number and the two CAPTCHA words in the input boxes. Click Submit. You will now be able to view the IMEI number by entering *#06# on your phone.
- The unlock boot loader key is displayed. Save it for later use.
- Download and install the latest Android SDK and also download and unzip this file.
- Make sure you are running Google USB Driver package revision 4 or higher in your Android SDK.
- Since the file is unzipped you can place it in the usb_driver folder.
- Switch off the phone.
- Now push and hold the unlock button *simultaneously when you connect the phone to the computer with the USB-cable.
- Now you should select the Android Boot loader Interface-file.
- Now open a command window and go to the tools folder that is there in Android SDK folder.
- Enter fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version, and this will give you some response back and this means your phone is connected properly.
- Enter fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY, where KEY is the unlock boot loader key you got in the beginning of this instruction. The boot loader should now be successfully unlocked. This is the last and the most vital step. It will unlock the boot loader.This how you can easily and officially unlock the bootloader of Sony Ericsson phones (Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, Xperia ARC, Xperia ARC S, NEO, NEO V, Pro, Mini, Minipro, Ray, Active and Live with Walkman)After unlocking your Sony Ericsson phones, you most probably want to root and install a custom ROM. Here is how you install Official Android 4.0.1 ICS for Sony Ericsson Arc S, Ray and Neo V