Update Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660 with ICS 4.0.3 Beta 3 Firmware
ICS update for Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660 is not officially available. But there is good news for these device users. Popular Developer Maclaw has developed an Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) based firmware for Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660. Since Samsung had refused to release any value pack for this particular device, this firmware is like a ray of hope for the GIO S5660 owners.
Disclaimer: Even though we appreciate the work of Developer Maclaw, we recommend that you should update your Galaxy GIO with this firmware only if you have some technical knowledge. At least you should know what you are doing. In case, if while updating your device, if something goes wrong then we shall not be responsible for the same.
Note: This is a leaked update and thus it should be applied to the phone with Recovery Mode. If you do not follow the instructions properly, then in that case you may end up bricking your device. You must install this firmware only if you know what exactly firmwares and custom ROMs are. Also, after installing the firmware radio and camera won’t work properly. So, move ahead only if you don’t mind this.
Prerequisites before installing this firmware
- The first thing you must know is this firmware will work only on Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660. This procedure needs a rooted Galaxy GIO device.
- Secondly, take back up of the messages, contacts, call logs, APN settings, applications and data. This is because, if by chance the phone gets bricked or data gets damaged, then back up can be used as a resort.
- Also charge your handset to the extent of 70 percent so that there is no battery drainage in between the process.
Ice Cream Sandwich firmware installation procedure
- Install Samsung Device drivers in your computer.
- Download Android 4.0.3 ICS package on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on the device with this method: go to Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging.
- Now, connect your phone to the computer through the USB data cable. Now you can transfer Android ICS Package file to the root of the SD Card.
- Switch off the phone once you save the file on the SD card and boot into recovery mode (use center button+power button for recovery mode).
- Now, with in the recovery mode, choose “install zip from SD Card”. After that is done, select “choose zip from SD Card” and then locate the ICS package file.
- You will see that the flashing process will start and you will be able to successfully install Ice Cream Sandwich [ICS 4.0.3] on Samsung Galaxy GIO.
- Now, moving further, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” one after the other in the recovery mode. You will find that the device caches will be cleared off. Also, you can download Wifi Tethering and Wired Tethering applications on your mobile phone. This will surely make your device more functional than ever.
Wasn’t that easy? now you can enjoy the features and looks of Ice Cream Sandwich on Galaxy GIO unofficially. Do let us know your comments after installing it.
Update: Galaxy Gio gets CM10ly Bean. Just check this:http://www.androidust.com/update-galaxy-gio-with-cm10-jelly-bean/