Upgrade Samsung Exhibit 2 4G with Ice Cream Sandwich themed Custom ROM
Samsung Exhibit 2 4G SGH T679 is a popular phone among users but a bit awkward for the developers. This is because, this phone is loaded with almost everything and thus developers have least scope to provide their contribution in this. However, a few stable custom ROMs do help in enhancing the user experience for Samsung Exhibit 2 4G. Thankfully, with the recent XquiziT v6.1 custom ROM (Ice Cream Sandwich themed) Exhibit is provided with better level of customization as well as amazing ICS experience.
Features of Samsung Exhibit 2 4G Ice Cream Sandwich themed custom ROM XquiziT v6.1 :
- Tailor made status bar buttons
- Better battery and power menu
- DSP Manager
- Tailor made boot animation
- Updated apps
- Jocala kernel
- ICS animations
- Roboto fonts
- Deodexed and zipaligned
- Many others
If you are quite impressed with the above mentioned features then we are sure you would love getting this ROM for your Samsung Exhibit handset. Please note that this is NOT an official Ice Cream Sandwich update for Samsung Exhibit 2 4G, rather this is a custom ROM developed by independent developers at XDA forums.
Disclaimer: The instructions as mentioned here have been produced with care. These are mainly provided for educational purpose. We recommend that if you do not have enough technological knowledge then please avoid updating your phone. If anything goes wrong with your Samsung Exhibit Android phone, Androidust.com should not be held responsible for that.
Pre-requesties for installing the ICS custom ROM
- You will need rooted Samsung Exhibit 2 4G SGH-T679 with ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Take back up of the data, apps and contacts of the phone completely.
- Keep your handset charged to the extent of some 70-80 percent so that the phone does not face battery issues in the middle of the process.
- Also, download XquiziT v6.1 from here (XquiziT_SGH-T679_v6.1.zip, md5sum: 775673658846a72a81fb62b7691d130c)
- Get ICS Ultimate VR theme for XquiziT — Get it from here (XquiziT_ICS_Ultimate_VR.zip, md5sum: 6028e240b28227390d90da10f50b9268)
- Get SuPeRWiPe v3 Lite — Get it from here (XquiziT_SGH-T679_SuPeRWiPE_v3.zip, md5sum: ae2557e7be770ae2b4d9799836ed49b2)
How to upgrade the Samsung Exhibit with ICS themed Custom ROM XquiziT v6.1:
- You must first copy all ZIP files that you have downloaded to the /external_sd directory on your phone.
- Switch off the phone now.
- Reboot the phone into CWM Recovery and this can be done by pressing and holding down both the Volume Up + Power buttons. As soon as Samsung logo appears you must release the buttons. Now, you are in the recovery mode and in this mode only use the Home key for making selections and the Volume keys for menu scroll.
- Go to Backup and restore > Backup and create a Nandroid backup of your current ROM.
- After the above, select Install zip from SD card > Choose zip from SD card. Choose the SuPeRWiPe ZIP file. Confirm the flashing of package.
- Flash the XquiziT ROM this way: Install zip from SD card > Choose zip from SD card. Choose the XquiziT zip file. Confirm the flashing of package.
- Now, after you follow the above steps, you will find that your Exhibit Android Phone will reboot in the normal mode. Let it boot completely. Now leave it for 5 minutes. This is because in the idle time the installation scripts will complete up the execution.
- Turn off your phone. Reboot the phone into CWM Recovery and this can be done by pressing and holding down both the Volume Up + Power buttons. As soon as Samsung logo appears you must release the buttons. Now, you are in the recovery mode and in this mode only you must use the Home key for making selections and the Volume keys for menu scroll.
- Flash the ICS Ultimate VR theme package this way: Install zip from SD card > Choose zip from SD card. Choose ICS Ultimate VR zip and confirm flashing of the package.
- Move back to the main recovery menu.
- Select Reboot system now.
- Now you can make your Google Account once the phone has rebooted.
Congratulations! You are done. You’ve successfully installed the XquiziT 6.1 custom ROM with the ICS Ultimate VR theme on your Samsung Exhibit 2 4G Android Smartphone.