Pros of rooting
■ With the rooting procedure, you will get access to the system files that are basically useful in customizing the ROM so that you can use several apps that demand administrative or privileged system access.
■Post rooting you can also delete the system level apps that are there in the phone by default. You will be able to modify the operating system as well.
Cons of rooting
Rooting your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i voids its warranty and a risk of bricking it if something goes wrong in between the process. Thus you should do so at your own risk. And speaking of risk, please read our disclaimer below.
Disclaimer: This information has been produced with complete care for increasing the simplicity of the procedure. But in case if some issues occur after the phone update then the site should not be held responsible for this. If at all you face any issues, you can contact us and we will help you sort out the same. It is also vital to keep in mind that when rooting is done the device warranty gets void. And this means that the warranty is not to be considered then.
Pre-requisites for rooting Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro
- You should first make sure that you have a perfect back up data and for that you must consider data like back up of SMS, Contacts or other information in your phone.
- Also check MMS settings so that you re-configure them after rooting as rooting wipes them off.
- You must also check that you have the version 4.0.A.2.368 Gingerbread 2.3.3. This can be checked through settings – Firmware version.
- Ensure you have at least 70% of battery is charged so that there are no procedural errors due to battery getting off in between.
- Now you can install the Sony PC Suite ( if you don’t already have installed )on your computer, where you have admin privileges, from this link. Also ensure all ports are open.
Rooting Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i step by step:
Step-1: Download boot.img file followed by Short fuse app from the must have section to your computer. Install the Short fuse application in your computer and make sure that the boot.img file is placed in the same folder where you have kept fastboot.exe file.
Step-2: Switch off your phone and connect it to the computer in fastboot mode that is connect the phone to the computer through the original USB Cable. Now flash the boot.img file using the code mentioned below
Fastboot flash boot boot.img
Do not rename the boot.img file that you have downloaded and placed in the folder, otherwise you won’t get desired results. You must confirm that you receive the “OK” message at the end of flashing after which you have to disconnect the USB Cable.
Step-3: Switch on the phone and when the phone starts, make sure to enable the option “Unknown sources and USB Debugging”
For this Go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Enable ‘Unknown Sources’.
After that, Go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > Enable ‘USB Debugging’
Step-4: Tap on FLASHTOOL and then click on Root. When you click on Root, the device will get rooted after which the device will either blink or restart. Now the device will reboot and you will discover a Super user application. Open the application and allow rooting.
And you have rooted your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i. Hope you liked our simplified tutorial on rooting Xperia Mini Pro. Do let us know your comments and views.