Root HTC Sensation on ICS (ICS ROM HBoot 1.27.000)
Post ICS we were thinking that now it would be apt to root HTC Sensation. HTC Sensation is an amazing handset and rooting the same will surely open up many avenues. In this procedure we will use HTC One X All in one Roolkit. We are thankful to XDA member SnakeX that he shared this method with us.
Before moving towards procedure to root HTC Sensation on ICS, kindly go through the disclaimer:
Disclaimer: Rooting is no doubt a thrilling thing. But there are some risks involved with the same. Rooting an Android phone would make its warranty void and also rooting the phone has some risk of data loss or phone damage. Root the phone at your risk.
Note: Kindly take back up of your phone to avoid any issues at the later stage. Keep the phone charged to the extent of 70 percent to avoid any hurdles during the rooting procedure.
Pre-Preparations for Rooting Sensation on ICS
Procedure to Root Sensation on ICS
1. The very first thing you need to do is copy the SupperSU.zip file to your SD root.
2. Now you can extract the HTC One X All-In-One Toolkit V1.0 to the desktop.
3. After you are done with the above two steps you can connect your Android device and see to it that it is in the charging mode. Also, you must enable USB debugging.
4. Now, Run the One X.exe application.
5. Install HTC drivers.
6. We expect that the bootloader is unlocked. If not then you must move on to HTCdev.com official website and follow the instructions from there. Unlocking bootloader will make the phone’s warranty void.
7. Now, this is an important step. You must rename the CWM recovery to CWM5827, then copy it to HTC One X All-In-One Toolkit folder and replace the one inside.
8. Flash CWM recovery
9. Now choose Boot into recovery and SuperSU.zip.
10. This will root your HTC Sensation on ICS.
We hope that the above tutorial will be helpful to you. Do let us know if you have any problems. We will surely help you to sort out the issues on your phone in this regards. Rooting an Android phone makes so many avenues open. Now you can add ROMs, remove bloatware and make changes in the OS as you need. But we recommend you to take all this up provided you have enough technical knowledge.