Lot of info has been published as to how to unlock the bootloader in Sony Xperia Arc phones or for that matter many leading android phones. But it seems, still some people are confused with the term.
Bootloader is a program that has control over the applications that should run when the phone is booting up. It is important to know that unlocking bootloaders for the android devices is basically helpful and beneficial mainly for developers and highly tech savvy people. For them, it is like cherry on the cake. But one thing should be kept in mind strictly and that is, people who are not tech savvy or are merely standard users should not get into such complications as it may brick the device or create messy situations for you. This information caters to the established and upcoming developers. This is because if standard or normal users try this, it may damage the phone permanently.
Disclaimer: This information on bootloader relocking and unlocking has been produced with complete care for increasing the simplicity of the procedure among developers. But in case if some issues occur with your device, the site should not be held responsible for this. If at all you face any issues, you can contact us and we will help you sort out the same. It is also vital to keep in mind that when bootloader is unlocked the device warranty gets void. And this means that the warranty is not to be considered then.
Now, the information that is going to come is for all those who have unlocked the Bootloader in Sony Xperia Arc devices and now they want to reverse their decision. It means, this information is for those who have unlocked the Bootloader and now they want to relock Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc bootloader. The step by step guide for the same is given hereunder:
How to relock bootloader:
- The first thing you should do is read this link thoroughly. One of the popular XDA members Blagus created Flashtool for relocking the bootloader.
- Install PC Companion from this link from here.
- Install Sony Ericsson Update service
- Download Flashtool from here.
- Download Xperia Relock bootloader file.
- Now, run FlashTool_0.2.9.1.exe.
- There are some folders that face automatic extraction and we need to concentrate on Firmwares folder.
- Copy “Xperia Relock bootloader.ftf” file to “firmwares” folder.
- Run “X10FlashTool.exe” by double clicking on it.
- You will see that some program will open. Just click on Flash button.
When you follow the above steps correctly you will be told to establish the connection between the phone and PC. You can plug the USB cable to PC, connect USB cable to phone while holding the “Back” key of the ARC phone. As soon as the phone gets connected — Flashtool will automatically start the flashing process. Once you are done with flashing process, disconnect the phone from the PC. Switch on the phone now.
check out the video of the above instructions for better understanding.
P.S. Thanks to XDA member Blagus for giving such amazing development to the readers.