Install Walkman App on Xperia Active, Mini, Mini Pro and Ray
Walkman App is something music lovers just won’t live without. It is a popular music application available for Android devices. Good news is that in this article we shall provide you the procedure to install Walkman App on Xperia phones with ICS. Yes, Walkman app can be ported to Xperia Mini, Mini Pro, Active and Ray. Of course, these are Xperia 2011 devices. But the effect that will be produced after addition of this app would surely be awesome. In this article we shall provide you procedure to install Walkman app on Xperia 2011 devices. But before that kindly go through the disclaimer:
Disclaimer: Installing Walkman app on Xperia line of phone would include rooting the Android devices which can have several risks. However, it is your wish as to whether you want to take the risk or not. Thus, kindly follow the procedures below at your risk. We shall not be responsible for any issues that occur with your phone while you root the phone or make some system changes.
You must have either of the mentioned phones with ICS: Xperia Ray, Xperia Mini, Xperia Mini Pro or Xperia Active.
You will have to root your Android Smart Phone.
You must have CWM Recovery on your Xperia phone.
Take back up of your phone for safety purposes.
Procedure to Install Walkman App on Xperia Phone
- The very firs thing you must do is download the flashable walkman app from here .
- Download and place the app on your desktop.
- Take USB cable and connect the phone to PC.
- Shift the Walkman app from PC to the root folder of SD card.
- Just after the file is shifted you must remove the connection between your Xperia handset and the PC.
- Switch off the phone.
- Reboot your phone into clockworkmod recovery.
- Once you are done with that in the reconvert, choose install zip from SD card>Choose zip from SD card.
- Now, you must try to locate the Walkman app that you had shifted from PC to the phone. When you find it, select the same for flashing.
- Just after flashing gets over you need to choose Reboot system now from Recovery menu.
- That’s it. With this the procedure gets completed. You will be able to see the Walkman app. installed on Xperia 2011 handsets. With Walkman app there will be an amazing change or productivity enhancement in the quality of music. You will simply love it.
Well, we would not take away the credit. It is XDA member Rizal Lovins who should be given the credit for this. He has done a brilliant job and we request you to thank him personally at XDA or donate him. Here’s the official thread for installing Walkman App on Xperia 2011 handsets: official thread.
Kindly share with us how did you find the entire experience.