Procedure to Root Xperia U on ICS with Single Click
This rooting tutorial will be useful for Xperia U users who have ICS 4.0.4 6.1.1B.1.10 firmware. We hope that you must be enjoying the new ICS firmware. But if you have not yet rooted your handset then you have still not enjoyed complete freedom. Rooting involves freeing your Android. You can get into the system and customize it as per your needs. Previously also we have discussed benefits of rooting. But there are some common risks that are involved with rooting. These risks include risk of phone getting bricked, loss of warranty and loss of data. However, these days’ the rooting techniques have become quite safe and thus such risks have come up to minimal. But still it would be better to always be on a safer side. Taking a complete back up would be advisable when you are rooting your Xperia U on ICS.
Disclaimer: Root Sony Xperia U at your risk. Androidust.com shall not be responsible for anything that might happen with your phone.
Procedure to Root Sony Xperia U on ICS
- Take complete back up of your phone.
- Keep the phone charged to the extent of 80-90 percent.
- You must have PC installed with Linux or Windows. Also, ADB drivers should be installed on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging and Unknown Sources
- Download rooting toolkit from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460
- Extract this file
- Connect PC with Xperia U with the help of USB cable
- Double click Runme.bat if you are using Windows OS on PC and RunMe.sh if you are using Linux on your PC.
- You will be able to see some instructions on the screen. You must follow them.
- Press Enter on your keyboard.
- You will find that your Sony Xperia U is rooted on ICS 4.0.4 (6.1.1.B.1.10 firmware)
- You will be able to see SuperUser app in your app list. This justifies that your phone is rooted.
It is important to note that the rooting tool that we have used in this tutorial to Root Sony Xperia U on ICS is Bin4ry root tool. This rooting tool is mainly used in rooting Android handsets with ICS or Jelly Bean firmware. We are thankful to developer Bin4ry for providing this very useful root tool. We hope you found this tutorial quite useful. If you have any doubts kindly let us know. We shall help you solve your problems.