Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1 on Galaxy Tab Plus Via CM10
Just now we found out breaking news on IBN news UK. Well, it is the breaking news in real sense. Samsung lovers are really going to find this news the real treat. Galaxy Tab Plus variants aka P6200 and P6210 will get Android Jelly Bean via CM10. The credit for this goes to Senior XDA member aorth. He has ported CM10 Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Tab Plus.
Would you like to know about the features of this ROM? Well, here are the features:
Inclusion of accelerometer
And lot more
The only issues that are noted include problems with hardware acceleration for IR blaster and DivX/MP3, USB mounting of internal storage, USB tethering etc. But above all, it really seems that the benefits are the ruling factor. Thus, if you have Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus P6200/P6210 and wish to install Jelly Bean via CM10 on Galaxy Tab Plus then here’s the procedure. But kindly read the disclaimer first.
Disclaimer: It is important to note that Jelly Bean CM10 on Galaxy Tab Plus can be a bit risky like any other customROM.That’s why it is better to take complete back up first. Also, you should do it at your risk. If anything happens with your Android gadget then we shall not be responsible for that. Also, this method that is given below is compatible only for Galaxy Tab Plus P6200/P6210 and no other Android device. This procedure can wipe the data and APN settings. Keeping this in mind you must take a back up without fail.
Note: We expect that the device already has Clockwork Recovery installed. Also, we expect you to keep the phone charged to the extent of 75-80 percent so that due to battery issues the procedure should not get hampered in between.
Install Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus (CM10 ROM)
- The very first thing you must do is, download latest version of ROM from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1842090
- Download Google Apps package from here.
- Copy the downloaded files on internal SD card of the device.
- Turn off the tablet.
- Boot into ClockworkMod recovery.
- Factory Reset.
- Now, choose Install Zip from SD card and then select Choose Zip from SD card.
- Move to ROM and make the selection.
- You will find that ROM is now getting installed.
- Once ROM is installed again select Choose Zip from SD card and after that choose gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip in order to install Google apps package.
- Once you install Gapps you must again move back to main recovery and then select reboot system now. You will boot into CM10.
Yes, you have done it. Now you have Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus with Jelly Bean or Galaxy Tab Plus with CM10.
We hope you liked the tutorial to install CM10 on Galaxy Tab Plus. Do let us know your responses on this.