Upgrade WT19i LWW on Ice Cream Sandwich with Offline Flashing Method
Live with Walkman WT19i is one of the amazing devices from Sony. There are many users who own this phone and wish to get regular updates for the same. Even we are in love with this particular Android Smart Phone and thus whatever news and updates we receive on the same, we share that with you. For all those looking for an ICS update on Live with Walkman WT19i, here’s the good news. The update is already out. This was an OTA update via PC Companion. But people who have already updated their phones with this OTA update are not quite happy with the results.
ICS on LWW via Sony PC Companion has resulted into:
Not so smooth experience
Problems with face unlock setting
Thus, in order to avoid such issues we would like to share with you an offline flashing method for upgrading WT19i to ICS. With this method there will be a better and optimized experience. Below we have provided the download links for flash tool and official stock ROM. But kindly read the disclaimer before that.
Disclaimer: Upgrading your Android phone carries some risks. But if you wish to move ahead, you can do it at your own risk. Take back up of your phone first before you take up any updates in order to stay on the safer side.
Install ICS on Sony Live with Walkman
1. The very first thing you must do is download newest Flashtool.
2. After that you need to download 4.1.B.0.431 ICS (official stockRom)
3. Now install the downloaded flash tool and extract the downloaded firmware. Also, see the .ftf file and place it to C:\Flashtool\firmwares.
4. Open flashtool.exe.
5. Take up USB debugging on your device.
6. Connect Sony WT19i live with walkman to PC with the help of USB cable.
7. Click FLASH and choose flashhmode on mode selector:
4. Make selection of the firmware then click ok.
5. Enter into flashmode. Disconnect the usb cable and switch off the device. Now you need to press and hold volume down button and plug the usb cable. After that you can release the volume down button
6. Let the device get rebooted.
7. After the reboot you will find that ICS is installed on live with walkman.
We hope you liked the tutorial and found the same as quite helpful. You will now be able to enjoy the flavor of Ice Cream Sandwich on your Sony Live with Walkman WT19i. This is surely going to be a smooth and amazing experience. If you have any problems, you can write them down in the comment section. We will help you out soon.
Update: You can check how to root wt19i on ICS 4.0.4 here: http://www.androidust.com/root-live-with-walkman-wt19i-with-unlocked-bootloader-on-ics-4-0-4/