If you have the amazing Samsung Galaxy S2 handset then you would love to change firmware to the new leaked Ice cream sandwich (Android 4.0) firmware called XXLPH I. Yes, with XXLPH Firmware there will be enhancement in the battery life and also it is believed that with this Firmware XXLPH, there would be better stability than you had used XXLPB.
Now, the process of switching over will be quite simple and this does have to be too much tedious. Just follow the steps as given below for a quick phone update. Just follow the simple steps below to update your Samsung Galaxy S2 to Ice Cream Sandwich firmware. But before that read the disclaimer and the pre-requisites thoroughly.
Disclaimer: While you are updating your Samsung Galaxy S2 handset from XXLPB Firmware to the new leak Firmware called XXLPH (Android 4.0 ICS), data of your device may be lost. You must update your device at your own risk. We shall not be responsible for any damage caused to your phone. However, if you have any doubts you can contact us and we will surely help you. This information is produced with care to make the procedure simple to perform and execute.
Pre-Requisites for updating the device
- You need to charge your Samsung galaxy S2 device to the extent of at least 60% so that in between the update process the battery won’t run out of charge.
- You must take back up of the device data into your computer. This will work as a protective solution in case if something happens with your device. There are many apps available at Android Market for backup and restoration.
- After back up you should remember to turn on USB Debugging, on your device home screen. You can do this with Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Check the USB Debugging.
For taking up the update procedure you will need:
- Samsung Galaxy S2 handset
- USB Data Cable
- Pc that is equipped with Samsung Drivers and you can download and install them from these available links for 32 bit windows and 64 bit windows respectively. Windows 32bit or Windows 64bit
Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
First, download this new Firmware XXLPH to your computer from here : Download XXLPH ICS firmware
Once you download the file, you need to extract it to a new folder using either Winzip or Winrar. You can then see the following files as given below:
After that you can download Odin3 v1.83.exe
Now once you have all these files downloaded are ready , switch off your Galaxy S2.
After that you need to carefully move to Download mode. For this press and hold the Volume Down along with Home along with Power. With this you will get a warning. You must press the Volume up to get into the Download mode. ‘
After the above steps, double-click on Odin3 v1.7.exe so as to run the program or your windows system. Now, the USB data cable will come into picture. You need to connect your handset to PC with help of this cable. This will help in recognition of your handset in the ODIN and thus the ID : COM section will turn yellow. This indicates that the drivers are perfectly installed, which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully installed.
Now you need to do the following on the ODIN window. Follow correctly as mentioned below.
- Click the Bootloader Tab and select I9100_APBOOT_I9100XXLPH_CL118559_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
- Then click on the PDA Tab and now select I9100_CODE_I9100XXLPH_CL118559_REV02_user_low_ship.tar
- Also, click the Phone Tab, and click on MODEM_I9100XXLPH_REV_02_CL1104396.tar
- After that click the CSC Tab, and this time select GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXALPH.tar
- You also need to make sure you have ticked the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes
- Use the START button now and this will automatically start the update.
The indication that the work has been successfully done is your device should restart on its own. If this happens then it is the positive sign that update procedure is successfully over. Some cases if it doesn’t restart on its own then you can do the same manually.
But before you remove the connection of your handset with the PC, you will have to wait for the Samsung Logo. When you get to see that, remove the connection.
Your Samsung Galaxy S2 should now be on updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich – Enjoy !