LG Revolution actually brought about a revolution in the field of Android phones. This is because, it has 4G power. This model has a decent size with 4.3” inch touch screen and with this you can have a perfect experience with the 4G service (if you have opted). Whether it is the looks, features or specifications, this android gadget really stands ahead in the competition.
There is good news for developers and people who are desperate to root LG Revolution. And that is, you can root LG Revolution vs910 with single click and this is actually going to save lot of your time and energy. So, here’s the simple step by step guide to root LG Revolution with one click, but before that just read the disclaimer.
Disclaimer: The information as presented here in androidust.com is produced with care and proper research. We warn you that by rooting your LG phone, you will lose the warranty for the same. However, immediately on unrooting you can claim back the warranty. Rooting helps you to make changes in the OS. But the risk involved is, you may end up bricking the android phone or may be you may lose all your data. We are not responsible for this. You must root your phone at your own risk.
Before you start with this rooting procedure you must take the back up of the data that is there in your mobile phone. This is because the steps given below may damage the data. Keeping this in mind let us move ahead with the procedure:
There is an updated version of this procedure in the latter section for all who has updated LG Revolution to Gingerbread 2.3. The below one is for all who are in older version of the firmware.
Procedure to root your LG Revolution:
- The first thing you are required to do is download Super One Click Version 1.7 from here: Super One Click
- Now download and install the drivers from here: LG Drivers.
- After the above downloads and installations are over, connect your phone with your computer with USB cable. After that enable USB debugging and this you can do this way: go to Settings > Applications > Development and check the USB debugging. Here you must take care that mounting of USB card as flash drive should be avoided.
- Get ready to launch SuperOneClick.exe located on your computer. In application screen, you must enable RageAgainstTheCage option at the Exploit section.
- Click on Root
- Wait for a while as rooting process will take some time.
- After you find out that rooting procedure is over you need to reboot your Android.
Now, for checking that whether rooting has been successful or not, check on the home screen that whether Super User does exist or not. This you should check after the device gets rebooted. Alternatively, you can even check the rooting confirmation with Root Checker app. This app you can download from here. Do let us know your comment on rooting this phone.
Updated for Android 2.3 OS :
An official firmware update on this phone made the above rooting method unusable. Here is the working method for rooting this Android phone on Gingerbread 2.3.
- Check USB debugging on phone with Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging. Enable it. (Select this while the device is unplugged).
- If you don’t have LG drivers then install them from here: LG Drivers
- Now, connect your LG revolution handset with the computer.
- After that click on USB connected ( this can be done once you pull down the notification bar)
- Now set the device to internet connection mode.
- Rooting tool can be downloaded from here: LG_Esteem_Root.zip
- Extract the file you downloaded and go for run.bat file and double click on it to run it.That’s it. You are done. Congrats!