Root LG Lucid 4G with this Simple Method
In the end of March 2012, LG Lucid a good entry-level Android phone was released. Some of the good features of this phone are:
- Operating System: Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Processor: 1.2GHz Qualcomm MSM8660 Snapdragon
- Display: 4.0 inches IPS LCD
- Touchscreen: Capacitive touchscreen
- Internal Memory: 8 GB
- External Memory: upto 32GB
- Card Slot: microSD
- Port: micro USB, v2.0
- FM Radio, Music Player
- Alert Types: Vibration, MP3, Polyphonic
- 3.5mm jack
- Java MIDP emulator
- HTML browser
- Rear Camera: 5.0 MP
- Front Camera: 0.3 megapixels VGA
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 3.0
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n
Owning this handset should be a matter of proud because you will be able to access so many mentioned features. Rooting LG Lucid will surely add to the over all experience and features. Here’s the tutorial that will help you root LG Lucid with simple method.
Disclaimer: Rooting an Android phone will make the phone free and you will be able to remove bloatware from LG Lucid and also add some useful apps therein. But while rooting, if anything goes wrong with your phone Androidust should not be held responsible for that. This is because rooting an Android phone makes the warranty of the handset void and also there is a risk of bricking the phone, damaging the phone or loss of data.
How to Root LG Lucid
The very first thing you must do is, take back up of the phone including the contacts, apps and data. This is because after rooting the phone, if at all you lose the data, then this back up will be helpful to you under such circumstances. Also do read our article on tip and precaution before rooting a phone.
On the Windows PC first Install LG Spectrum USB drivers. You can download it here. Now unpack the archive, and open run.bat. (You must be thinking that why you need LG spectrum drivers? Well, Lucid is much like Spectrum and that’s why LG Spectrum rooting method and drivers also work for Lucid).
- Now download the rooting tool here: Download Tool
- Extract the zip file to a separate folder on the desktop.
- On your Android device go to Settings> Applications > Development and check the box USB debugging.
- Now connect the USB cable to phone first and then to PC.
- After that run the run.bat file from the folder which you extracted.
- That’s it !! Now your Lucid should be rooted.
We hope you will try this method to root your LG Lucid 4G and let us know your comment after root it. Also once you root the phone you should be knowing what are the advantages of the a rooted phone and what is Super User App.