Permanent Rooting of HTC Sensation, Get S-Off and Install Clockwork Mod
HTC Sensation 4G is a popular android device from HTC and it belongs to the high-end segment. This phone has some amazing features as well as looks. If you are an owner of HTC Sensation 4G then you must be aware of the high-end specs that the gadget bears. But still, if you wish to free your android and root this HTC device then here is the permanent rooting method that you can follow. You already know by now the pros and cons of rooting and thus you should know that you will be responsible for the consequences that may occur on account of rooting your HTC Sensation 4G.
Disclaimer: We shall not be responsible for any damage caused to your phone due to rooting procedure. However, if you have any doubts you can contact us and we will surely help you. Androidust.com has produced the given information with care but rooting the phone makes its warranty void. Root your phone at your own risk.
It is important to note that this method that we are going to show is the permanent rooting method and thus even after the device is rebooted it will stay rooted. Keeping these things in mind, you may proceed further. This tutorial will show you how to root HTC Sensation permanently, get S-Off and also Install Clockwork Mod.
Downloads needed for the process
- Revolutionary : S-OFF & Recovery Tool : Download from here
- HTC fastboot drivers can be downloaded from here. As soon as you download that, install that on PC.
- After that you can download ClockworkMod Recovery V5 for HTC from here.
- Download su-126.96.36.199-ef-signed.zip from here which is also link to XDA Forum.
Gaining S-OFF on HTC Sensation is going to be the first step for the procedure. For that you need to enable S-OFF your device with the help of Revolutionary : S-OFF and Recovery Tool. Here we shall see how to do it.
- First step you must carefully disable all antivirus and suites and this holds good especially for Norton. Sometimes these antivirus blocks some vital process which are executed in the procedure and this could be dangerous.
- Now, you need to do some manual work and that is nothing but write down the serial number of your phone which you will get in the battery compartment.
- Also, take note of HBoot version number. Now, the question is how to find HBoot version? Well, for this you must first switch off your phone. After switching off, press volume down key and power button together. When you do this, you will get a white screen and there will be an option available so as to find the HBoot version.
- Now, moving further, you might have seen the download link above for Revolutionary S-OFF & Recovery Tool and with the use of that link you must take up the download. You will be automatically directed to “Beta Key” form. In that form you have to fill the required details. Now, click on Generate Key. See what is written on that key and also note it down.
- After the above steps are done aptly, you must enable USB debugging on your HTC sensation device. You can do this with Settings>Application development>USB Debugging>Enable
- After enabling you can connect HTC sensation mobile to pc with the help of the USB cable and the related HTC Sync. If at all you get some message like the device can not find Sync, ignore such messages.
- Now, open the revolutionary tool and feed in the beta key in the available command prompt which you got at step 4.
This will make your HTC sensation gain S-Off.
Installation of Clockwork Mod Recovery 5 on Sensation
Now, we come down to the important installation of clockwork mod recovery 5 which is considered as a better restoration tool.
- This is pretty simple and you just have to download clockwork Mod Recovery 4 for HTC Sensation from the download link that is given above. After that you can copy PG58IMG file on to the root of SD Card.
- Switch off the device and reboot in bootloader mode/HBOOT mode.
- When you are in the bootloader mode, the device will ask you to update, you need to press volume up key so as to complete the confirmation part.
- When you are done with all the things as given above, just reboot phone and delete the file PG58IMG so that it does not ask to reinstall that again.
Procedure to root HTC Sensation 4g permanently
Now we have got he S-Off and installed Clockwork Mod on your HTC Sensation. Its time to root it now. Here is how:
- First shut down and boot into recovery mode. For this disable fast boot from settings and then power off the phone. When switching it back ON, press and hold the power and volume down key together and choose recovery mode from bootloader menu.
- Take a backup thru Backup & Restore option.
- Select install zip from SD card. Select su-188.8.131.52-ef-signed.zip.
- Select Yes and wait for few seconds and done.
Congratulations ! Your HTC Sensation is now rooted and you can even try out different custom ROMs available at XDA developers.
Also do read our article on HTC Sensation XE review.