Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman aka WT19i is a popular Android phone. This phone comes with a pretty good processor, a good display and it is also equipped with 5MP camera with digital zoom. Here we shall see if we can tweak the performance of the phone by over clocking the phones processor to 2GHz.
In our previous tutorials for Sony Ericsson Live with walkman (WT19i) we have seen rooting, installing custom ROM Hybrom along with unlocking bootloader for the same phone and updating it to latest firmware. In this particular tutorial, we are going to share the method to overclock Live with Walkman (WT19i) using RAGE kernel (custom kernel).
Features of Rage Kernel:
- Rage Kernel can overclock up to 2Ghz
- You can expect CWM Recovery 22.214.171.124
- There is Prerooting
- You will also see things like CPU Governors, SmartassV2,SavagedZen
- There is InteractiveX, powersave, better performance and many other improvements
As we all know that playing with the firmware is dangerous and do it only if you understand the hurdles and the risk. So do it at your own risk.
Disclaimer: Overclocking is a common technical procedure that many android rooters and modders will love to follow. But it is important to note that since there are a few complications and technicalities involved, you must go on with this only when you are confident enough to handle the repercussions as well. Mostly, it won’t damage the phone, but if it does, then Androidust should not be held responsible for that.
How to install Rage Kernel on WT19i
Now, moving on with the procedure, the very first requirement that you must fulfill is of the 4.0.2.A.0.48/52/61/62/74 ROM. You can also check our tutorial on the custom ROM for WT19i. You will also need to unlock the bootloader. You can also refer out tutorial on how to unlock the bootloader.
Now you need to unzip the downloaded kernel. On doing that you will get the boot.img, this is the custom kernel. So now, instal flash tool.
- Let your phone remain On and with this mode only, you must connect your phone with the computer. You will need the USB data cable for connecting the PC with the phone. After you are done with that open the flashtool.
- Choose the flash option.
- Click on fastboot mode.
- Click reboot into fastboot mode (via ADB)
- Male selection of kernel to flash
- Now, you must reboot the device into system.
- Now since you wish to change or set CPU speed you can use app like “setCPU” for this. Mostly, you will be able to set CPU speed at 2.0 GHz.
This is how you can get the desired results. We hope that you have followed all the steps carefully and now you have overclocked the device. If you have any issues with this, kindly feel free to share. We will surely help you. Also, we welcome your views and comments on this.
Do read out article on Rooting Sony Ericsson WT19i
Note: Over clocking your phone may drain your battery too quickly. So experiment with this and revert back if you feel it’s not worth.