Apply CM 7.2 RC1 for Wt19i to run Gingerbread 2.3.7
CyanogenMod Developers created Version 7.2 some days back. There were some sixty devices that received the support from this version and thus Android Gingerbread 2.3.7 could be installed on these Android Smart Phones. For Live with Walkman Wt19i also, this thing works. Also, CM 7.2 RC1 can be used to update your Galaxy Ace, Galaxy Mini, Motorola Atrix and all the other devices that are running the Gingerbread firmware.
If you want to take up this update for your device then it is important that you have enough idea about rooting. You can read the previous posts as related to rooting on this website. You must also have an idea that installation of custom firmware on the Android device makes the warranty void. If you wish to restore the warranty, you must restore the stock ROM again. Now, kindly go to through the disclaimer before moving to the process of Downloading CyanogenMod 7.2 RC1 on Sony Ericson Live with Walkman Wt19i.
Disclaimer: Installing CM 7.2 RC1 on Wt19i is a risky procedure and thus you should carefully follow the procedure as given below. Even though no particular bugs are found in the procedure, it is better to apply the update carefully. If while taking up this update something goes wrong with your device, we shall not be responsible for the same.
For safety purposes, create a back up of the contacts and settings along with SMS etc.
We expect that you know how to work in recovery mode and use clockworkMod.
Enable USB debugging this way: On the device go to Settings>Applications>Development>check USB debugging.
Procedure to Apply CM 7.2 RC1 on WT19i to run Gingerbread 2.3.7
- Download the CM 7.2 RC1 by clicking this link. Alternatively you can click here to get the specific link for downloading for the device you have, like in this case, Wt19i.
- Take USB cable and connect the Android Phone with the PC.
- The CM 7.2 RC1 download extract should be placed in the SD card. Do not create any new folders/ directory, just put it there.
- Switch off Wt19i.
- Enter into the ClockworkMod Recovery mode. Boot it in CWM.
- When in CWM recovery mode you should select the factory reset.
- Select ‘wipe cache’ and ‘wipe dalvik cache’.
- Go to the main menu and select the install zip from sd card.
- Now select choose zip from SD card.
- Make selection of zip package you moved on your SD in the initial steps.
- Flashing of firmware will start on Wt19i.
- Reboot system now as available in the recovery mode menu.
- Have patience for sometime as rebooting process will take time.
- Please note that the rebooting process might take a while before completion and so you must have patience.
Now since this update is installed on your device you can customize the Android.
P.S. Remember that for the CM 7.2 RC1 to work you will need to install the CWM ( ROM Manager ) app from Google Play Store.