ICS UCLD2 Leak for AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket i727: Simple Tutorial
A few days back we came across the very first Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 (ICS) Firmware leak for AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. It was called as UCALC4. Now, we have come across another leak for AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. This new Ice Cream Sandwich firmware update leak comes from Rootzwiki and this has not been developed by them. They have got it from an unknown source. This new Ice Cream Sandwich firmware for AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket i727 is called as UCLD2 and you will also get amazed to learn that one of the XDA modders Yaldak has released a custom rooted version of the firmware leak and this can be installed from the recovery. But we will discuss the first method only over here.
Before you proceed, it would be important to make it clear that this is a leak and an unofficial update and thus there are a few bugs and issues which still remain to be solved. Thus before you move towards tutorial kindly go through the disclaimer. This is NOT an official firmware update from AT&T
Disclaimer: We are waiting for the official update, because these firmware leaks are not free of bugs and thus there may be some issues with your android handset, if you do not remain careful. However, you must perform the procedures at your own risk and Androidust.com should not be held responsible for anything that goes wrong with your Galaxy S2 Skyrocket while you upgrade your handset with the mentioned leaked firmware. The risks involved in updating this phone can involve data loss, phone damage etc.
Before you start with the procedure we recommend that you should take proper back up of the phone apps, data and settings. If you have Samsung’s PC software Kies installed, then you are required to un-install it first so as to avoid any kind of conflict in the flashing procedure.
You can Download Drivers from here.
How to install Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware on Galaxy S2 Skyrocket using ODIN without root.
- The first thing you need to follow is download the firmware from this link on the original release page. When you download a page will be displayed and you must click on the link that is spaced next to the words FILE URL.
- After that, double-click on the downloaded I727UCLD2_OneClick.exe file for running ODIN. This will help in flashing the firmware on the device ahead.
- Now, you must plug in the USB data cable to the computer (and not to the Android device) Switch off your phone. After that use Volume up and Volume down button simultaneously and plug in the USB data cable to the phone. This will help you enter into the download mode. Once you enter into the download mode, leave the buttons.
- After that the ODIN screen will say Added.
- Now click on Start to start the flashing of UCLD2 on your Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Android Smartphone.
- Now have patience and wait for a while. Flashing will get completed and automatically the phone will reboot. After this, there will be green screen in ODIN and the words PASS will appear on the screen.
- Disconnect your android phone.
- You are done!
We hope that the information and tutorial as mentioned above will be surely helpful to you. If you face any problems or issues, kindly let us know by commenting below. We shall try our best to resolve if you face any issue.